Monday, April 20, 2009

Life IS Good!

As I drove home from work tonight I followed a car that had a decal on the back window which read Life Is Good and I thought to myself how very true!

You see before I left work tonight I received a text message from my son Derek who serves in the Army Reserves. The text stated that he won't be deployed to Iraq in September. Needless to say my prayers have been answered, because I have been worrying about this for about nine months now. It's been especially hard since him and Ashley found out that they are expecting a baby in May. The thought of him not being around his baby has been very hard for me since I know how much he wants to be a dad. Plus I've been worried that he might even miss her birth (it's a little girl).



DEREK AND ASHLEY AFTER DEREK'S FIRST TOUR TO IRAQ


Don't get me wrong. I know that he signed up for this duty but he was told that he wouldn't have to go back to Iraq for the first two years that he was with the reserves and that time won't be up until about November. So I am glad to see that they are keeping their promise. And I know that if he is called up after that time that he will go and do his duty, because that is the kind of guy Derek is. I'm just glad that he will have some bonding time with his little girl.

No comments: