Thursday, January 15, 2009

Football 101

First things first....I'm going to do this blog in sections but they all tie together. This way you can read the one you want when you want. Hopefully this will make it simpler.

Those who know me know that I love football! My husband found this out early in our relationship when he asked me what I was doing one Sunday (he wanted to know if I wanted to go out on a date) and I told him that I was staying in bed all day and watching football. At first he thought that I was just blowing him off, but then he got to know me better and realized that was really what I did.

I grew up in a house with one t.v.....yes, hard for most kids now-a-days to even "wrap their heads around". Not only was there only one t.v. but it was black and white, with about seven channel choices and no remote control. No, I take that back, us kids were the remote. If dad wanted the channel changed he'd have us kids scoot to the t.v. and change it. Now, you are probably asking yourself what this has to do with football...well, let me tell you. If you have one t.v. and a dad who loves sports you either learn to love sports or you don't watch t.v. Out of one son and two daughters it's the girls that love football....go figure!
USU at Airforce Many Many Years Ago

I remember going to Utah State University (USU) football games as a young girl with my sister and dad. Mom was a fairweather football fan which means she went to the games early in the year when the weather was nice, sunny and warm; then when the weather turned nasty dad would drag my sister and I along. I remember games sitting in the bleachers with our hot chocolate watching them shovel snow off of the yard lines....now that's true grit.

No comments: