Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of School


Wow, it's hard to believe that the summer is now over and the kids are back in school. I can't believe that I have been sending kids off to their first day of school for 20 years now and each year has been bitter-sweet.

I think both Braedon and Nicole were really excited to go back. Braedon was up at 5:00am since he will be a Junior going to East Hollywood High this year which is in Salt Lake. To go there he has to ride public transportation and so has to catch the train to Salt Lake at 6:30am. East Hollywood High is a charter school with emphasis on film and acting. Braedon loves these areas and so we are hoping that this school will give him the love of learning again, plus the class size is about a 1/3 of his old high school.

Nicole headed off to third grade this year. Her teacher is Mrs. Parmer and she has alot of friends in this class. Nicole loves school so we aren't worried to much about her. You can see her picture for the first day of school. I keep telling her dad that I wish she weren't such a tomboy and he says try saying that in about 6-8 years when she discovers boys and she isn't such a tomboy.

1 comment:

Kim said...

What's wrong with being a tomboy???? I turned out OK (didn't I?)