Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Would you like a straw with that?

There are some people who are addicted to coffee. Some who are addicted to alcohol, drugs, gambling, etc.. Me, I must admit that I'm a hot chocolate addict!! It doesn't matter the temperature outside, if I'm craving hot chocolate....I have to HAVE my hot chocolate.

I also must admit at the same time that I am a creature of habit. You name the restaurant and my husband knows what I'll order from there. Pei Wei? Chicken Lo Mein. Taco Time? Soft floured taco with sour cream. Paradise Cafe? Chicken Walnut sandwich. So when I go to the coffee hut that I have gone to at least once a week for the past three years they know that I always get a large peppermint hot chocolate no straw and an ausiago bagel. So after all that time you would think that they would stop asking me if I would like a straw in my hot chocolate.....NO! the answer is ALWAYS NO! But again today I stop and get hot chocolate and what does the cute little blonde girl ask...."would you like a straw in your hot chocolate?" Politely I said, "no thank you". And she politely hands me my hot chocolate with a straw in it! Aarrgghh...did she not listen to a thing I said or is she just paid to stand there and look cute. I'm not saying that every cute girl is stupid, because I have known my fair share of very smart cute girls....this just wasn't one of them. I was very proud of myself that I didn't take the straw out of the hot chocolate and throw it at her....I'm sure my mom is very proud of me!

I guess the moral of the story is if you get a straw just smile and say thank you then take it out and save it in the car door for the next time the kids need a straw for their drink!

No comments: