Thursday, January 25, 2007

A Day Off.....Really?!?!

Today is my day off, but it's only my day off in the sense that I won't be driving in to the office and putting in my eight hours and gettting PAID for it.

This is the first time I have sat down today. The day so far has been filled with cleaning windows, cleaning out the fridge/freezer (in hopes that the fridge repair man would come today...no such luck), adding water to the pond outside (35 gallons to be precise) with a five gallon bucket of warm water in the house, fixing the fence around the pond so the stupid dogs will stay out, filing a foot of paperwork that my husband has had lying around since 2005, filling the dishwasher twice and washing clothes. I know there should probably be more puctuation in that sentence, because if you read it in one breath you are on the verge of passing out; but that's just the way it is!

There are times I wish I were a man. When a man has a day off, it's usually just that. They turn on the t.v., switcher in hand and vegitate for the weekend; no cares of laundry, vaccuming, cooking, dishes,toilets or any other disgusting job. At least I have two extra days a week to keep up, I guess I should be grateful for that!

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if someone would just recognize all the hard work I have done!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Amen, sister, Amen.